Introduction and Supplies
Creating Your Angels
If you wish to work on another type of canvas it should be a 12” x 16, smooth & absorbent surface
- Acrylic paints: Several colors that you want to create your angel and background in.
Also, white, flesh tone, chocolate brown, black, cream acrylic soft body paints. I suggest Americana if you are going to buy acrylic craft paints, if you have some at home, make sure they are soft body acrylics (they flow) not heavy body acrylics (very thick), also make sure they are not too watered down, you want good pigment in your paints. Golden acrylics are wonderful, but they are much more costly than the Americana, perhaps you could buy them in your favorite colors or add one to your collection every now and again.
- Mod Podge Matt, also old brush to apply the Mod Podge or you can use matt medium, I like liquitex, however matt medium can be more costly than the Mod Podge.
- Your painting supplies, brushes (flats and rounds, 1/4 to 1/2, for sure you will need a detail brush, I suggest a detail brush 0 – 000, whatever you use for detail work and painting with acrylics), water container, paint rags, paint clothes, pencil, kneaded eraser and anything else you need.
- Molding Paste
- palette knife
- Neocolors,Caran D’Ache Classic Neocolor II Water-Soluble Pastels, 30 Colors
- Cloth scraps, textured paper, that are in harmony with your color choices
- Posca Pen Black and White